You Can Navigate Life Transitions to Create a More Fulfilling Life
“Who are you?” said the Caterpillar. . . .
“I–I hardly know, Sir, just at present,” Alice replied rather shyly, “at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.”
LEWIS CARROLL Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Change is the only constant in life.
At every stage of life, change invites you to grow and develop the potential that lies within you.
Transitioning from the known to the unknown is a challenging and stressful experience, frequently bringing to the surface, a multitude of conflicting and unexplained emotions.
How successfully you make any transition is reliant upon how well resourced you are; emotional, psychological, social, physical and material resources all contribute to your ability to cope. The stress that change brings can strip you of some of these resources, so that you end up feeling abandoned and fearful of failure.
Maybe you can relate to some of the following:
- You feel overwhelmed from a sudden unexpected change in your life
- You’re confused about a major life decision you need to make
- You feel out of control from changing relationships in your life
- You’re unhappy and sad and don’t understand why
- You feel anxious and uncertain about your future
- You’re lonely and isolated and feel hopeless about your future
- You feel exhausted and lack zest for your life
- You’re angry and resentful at yourself or others
If any of those experiences sound familiar, you need to keep reading…
Sudden changes and life transitions can leave you feeling lost, overwhelmed, angry and despairing.
- Changes in your relationship status, including loss, separation or divorce
- Marrying or forming a new relationship or becoming a step-parent
- Stress due to the challenges of being a new parent
- Empty nest syndrome where you and your partner are suddenly alone
- Difficulty adjusting to a new city, culture or environment
- Worrying about getting older and feeling increasingly alone and isolated
- Sudden or chronic physical or mental illness affecting your ability to enjoy life
- The death of someone close to you or the loss of a loved one
- Loss of employment or a change in your working situation
- Loss of your financial security or savings
If you’re going through a life transition or change, I can assist you to identify and reconnect with the resources that will help you to transition through this period of change successfully.
I am passionate about your personal growth, wellness and helping you develop the confidence to reach toward your full potential.
Watersedge Counselling services can help you make these transitions, giving you:
- Emotional support and resolution of painful past situations
- Clarity, understanding and confidence in yourself and your relationships
- Increased capacity to cope with the stresses and challenges of your life
- Impetus to move forward in your life and take positive action
Through working with me, I can assist you to:
- Let go of unhelpful beliefs and former coping strategies so you feel free again
- Develop new skills so you can deal with life’s ups and downs
- Create more meaningful relationships that give you pleasure and joy
- Come to terms with difficult issues so you feel calm and content
- Learn to feel grounded and steady even when you environment is unstable
Develop a deeper purpose in your life so you leap out of bed in the mornings
Accept yourself for who you really are so you can form meaningful connections with others
Live with integrity and be true to yourself so you can sleep peacefully at night
What makes our counselling and psychotherapy services different?
- Our counselling and therapy approach is kind, respectful, genuine, accepting and understanding, no matter what issues you’re struggling with.
- We offer a unique approach towards facilitating growth and change. We use psychological tools to understand how your personality functions and what it is you need to be aware of. Our clients have found this is a powerful way to facilitate growth, wellness and increase potential.
- We have extensive personal and professional experience including time as a musician, school teacher, minister of religion, funeral celebrant, manager, successful business men and women before becoming counsellors, supervisors and family therapist. This means We have a wealth of life experience to draw on when we’re working together on your issues.
- We intimately understand the challenges of relationships and draw on our strong marriage and the experience of raising our two beautiful daughters in our work together.
“I've really found Colleen to be a compassionate listener, an intuitive person that, as a counsellor isn't afraid to use her own life experiences as one of her many truly helpful tools in dealing with my problems. I feel Colleen has a sincere care for people that allows her to honestly engage with me. I have without doubt received genuine help from Colleen.” Female, age 39
If you want to grow, experience wellness and reach toward your full potential then here’s what you need to do:
- Contact Watersedge counselling on 0434 337 245 for a FREE 10-minute phone consultation on how we can best help you.
- If you’re ready to book an appointment, click the Book Online Now button below to schedule an appointment with our online appointment scheduler.(Look under Individual Counselling to access Grief and Loss Counselling) We will then call you within 24 hours to discuss your needs.
Contact us / Request to call back