Change is the only constant in life. At every stage of life, it invites you to grow and develop the potential that lies within you.
Transitioning from the known to the unknown is a challenging and stressful experience, frequently bringing to the surface a multitude of conflicting and unexplained emotions.
How successfully you make any transition is reliant upon how well resourced you are emotionally, psychologically, socially, physically and materially. The stress that change brings can strip you of some of these resources so that you end up feeling abandoned and fearful of failure.
Maybe you can relate to some of the following:
- You feel overwhelmed from a sudden unexpected change in your life
- You’re confused about a major life decision you need to make
- You feel out of control from changing relationships in your life
- You feel anxious and uncertain about your future
- You’re lonely, isolated and feel hopeless about your future
- You feel exhausted and lack zest for your life
- You’re angry and resentful at yourself or others
Sudden changes and life transitions can leave you feeling lost, overwhelmed, angry and in despair. Some common life transitions that can be stressful include:
- Changes in your relationship status, including loss, separation or divorce
- Marrying, forming a new relationship or becoming a step-parent
- Stress due to the challenges of being a new parent
- Empty nest syndrome where you and your partner are suddenly alone
- Difficulty adjusting to a new city, culture or environment
- Worry about getting older and feeling increasingly alone and isolated
- Sudden or chronic physical or mental illness
- The death of someone close to you or the loss of a loved one
- Loss of employment or a change in your working situation
- Loss of your financial security or savings
If you’re going through a life transition or change, Duncan and College can help you to identify and reconnect with the resources that will help you to journey through this period of change successfully.
Watersedge Counselling services can help you make these transitions, giving you emotional support and resolution of painful past situations. We will provide you with clarity, understanding and confidence in yourself and your relationships, and an increased capacity to cope with the stresses and challenges of your life. We will also help you to develop an impetus to move forward in your life and take positive action.
Our transition focused counselling will assist you to:
- Let go of unhelpful beliefs and former coping strategies so you feel free again
- Develop new skills so you can deal with life’s ups and downs
- Create more meaningful relationships that give you pleasure and joy
- Come to terms with difficult issues so you feel calm and content
- Learn to feel grounded and steady even when you environment is unstable
- Develop a deeper purpose in your life so you leap out of bed in the mornings
- Accept yourself for who you really are so you can form meaningful connections with others
- Live with integrity and be true to yourself so you can sleep peacefully at night
Call Colleen on 0434 337 245 or Duncan on 0434 331 243 now for a free 10 minute consultation on how they can help you, or book online here.