Anger is an emotion that we all experience. It can be a healthy emotion, signalling that you don't feel in control and motivating you to take action when you experience an injustice. However, anger that is not controlled can be very damaging. It can be the cause of various problems at work; in your relationships and the way you live your life.
Duncan takes an individual approach to anger management that is designed to help you understand the function of your anger. He explores the triggers that keep anger alive and strategies that will enable you to be in control of your anger instead of it controlling you.
His wealth of personal and professional experience means he is able to take you through this process with empathy, helping you to understand why anger plays a significant role in your life, and how, when utilised healthily, it can benefit the world around you.
Maybe you can relate to some of these statements:
- I feel angry most of the time
- I have a problem expressing my feelings of anger in unhelpful ways, such as using aggression, intimidation and violence
- My anger is affecting my relationships
- I have had problems with the law because of my anger or rage reactions
- I just can't control my rage and the smallest thing can set me off
Through anger management counselling, you can:
- Identify and understand the specific thoughts, feelings and behaviours that can increase your anger and lead to aggression
- Learn and use effective coping strategies to prevent or reduce inappropriate anger or aggressive behaviour
- Learn to be able to think and act more positively
- Discover how to respond differently so you can have satisfying and fulfilling relationships
Call Duncan now on 0434 331 243 for a free 10 minute consultation on how he can help you, or book online here.