Grief is a natural response to loss. It’s the emotional suffering you feel when something or someone you love is taken away. It reminds us that our loss is important to us and must be acknowledged in our own unique way.
You may associate grief with the death of a loved one – and this type of loss does often cause the most intense grief. But any loss can cause grief, including:
- A relationship breakup
- Loss of health
- Losing a job
- Loss of financial stability
- A miscarriage
- Death of a pet
- Loss of a cherished dream
- A loved one’s serious illness
- Loss of a friendship
- Loss of safety after a trauma
Grief and bereavement is a very individual experience, and refuses to conform to a particular pattern or length of time. Often we find that over time, our grief dissipates and we are able to get on with our life. There are times though, when we find ourselves stuck in our grief, unable to move on and function in our normal ways.
Maybe you can relate to some of these statements:
- I feel like life isn’t worth living
- I wish I had died with my loved one
- I blame myself for the loss or for failing to prevent it
- I feel numb and disconnected from others
- I'm having difficulty trusting others since your loss
- I'm unable to perform my normal daily activities
Through grief and loss or bereavement counselling you can:
- Give expression to your feelings so they become less intense
- Implement strategies to manage difficult emotions
- Plan ahead to cope with grief triggers like anniversaries, birthdays and milestones
- Feel more settled and grounded
- Experience an improved level of physical well being
If you want to grow, experience wellness and reach toward your full potential then here’s what you need to do:
- Contact Watersedge Counselling on 0434 337 245 for a FREE 10-minute phone consultation on how we can best help you.
- If you’re ready to book an appointment, click the Book Online Now button below to schedule an appointment with our online appointment scheduler.(Please look under Individual Counselling for Grief and Loss Counselling) We will then call you within 24 hours to discuss your needs.