Here are 6 tips on what to do when your partner has stopped taking their medication but refuses to acknowledge that they are becoming unwell.
1. Assess their level of suicidality
2. Calmly share your concerns and invite them to talk about their own concerns
3. Make a ‘contract' with your partner
- early warning symptoms that your partner might experience ( as point above)
- identifying the point at which these symptoms are no longer tolerable for themselves and/or for others.
4. Encourage your partner to use self care strategies
5. Be encouraging
6. Deal with your own anxiety
If you would like to know more about how to support someone experiencing mental health issues or need personal support in coping with a partner with mental health issues contact Colleen on 0434 337 245 or go to www.watersedgecounselling.com to book an appointment.