- You question how genuine your relationship really was.
- Trust is destroyed.
- Your mind works overtime, grappling with this new knowledge, looking for the evidence you missed.
- And, you feel hurt, betrayed, angry, confused and sad.
How do you deal with all of this?
Here are 12 reasons to choose mercy over justice
1. Justice says ‘I am right’; Mercy says ‘our relationship is more important than me being right’.
2. Justice is about me; Mercy is about your partner.
3. Justice creates distance; Mercy invites closeness.
4. Justice seeks revenge; Mercy seeks to understand and forgive.
5. Justice is polarising; Mercy is inclusive.
6. Justice creates a win/lose or lose/lose situation; Mercy has the potential to create a win/win situation.
7. Justice is black and white, right and wrong; Mercy understands that life is never black and white, that I never know the whole complexity of a situation or the person/s within it.
8. Justice resents; Mercy heals.
9. Justice is more reactive; Mercy is less reactive.
10. Justice punishes; Mercy restores.
11. Justice creates more victims, more conflict; Mercy ends conflict.
12. Justice is repaid with resentment, bitterness and hate; Mercy is repaid with kindness, gratitude and love.
If you are experiencing difficulties in your couple relationship contact Colleen on 0434 337 245 or Duncan on 0434 331 243 for a FREE 10 minute consultation on how we can best help you or book online now.