Here are 13 tips that will support your commitment to drink less and feel great:
2. Use standard drinks: an Australian standard drink contains 10 gms of alcohol. Because glass sizes very, check the label of a drink to know how many gms are in a specific alcoholic drink.
3. Drink slowly: sip your drink and put it down between each sip.
4. Eat before or while you are drinking: eating slows down your drinking pace and fills you up. Alcohol is absorbed much slower on a full stomach.
5. Avoid salty snacks that make you thirsty.
6. Avoid shouts: drink at your own pace, not what is dictated by someone else. If you do get stuck in a shout, buy a non-alcoholic drink.
7. One drink at a time: when people top up your drink it is easy to lose track of how much alcohol you have had.
8. Pace yourself: have a non-alcoholic drink every second drink.
9. Stay busy: play pool or dance but don't just sit an drink.
10. Try a low-alcohol alternative: light beer, low alcohol or non- alcoholic wines are available. Most places that have cocktails have non- alcoholic versions.
11. Have alcohol-free days: have at least 2 days a week when you don't drink at all.
12. Keep a diary: write down how much you drink each day so that you are more aware of how much you consume.
13. Be assertive: don't be pressured into drinking. Learn that it is okay to say ‘no thanks'.
If you want help to reduce your alcohol consumption, grow, experience wellness and reach toward your full potential then here’s what you need to do contact me on 0434 337 245 for a FREE 10-minute phone consultation on how I can best help you.