Searching for a new job is never easy, and even the most accomplished people will experience anxiety when they face their (potential) future employer. Being prepared won’t necessarily take away the butterflies in your stomach, but it will make you more confident, and the employer will be attracted to this trait.
So, how can you prepare for an interview? This infographic by College Atlas gives 34 tips on how you can nail it and potentially land the job. From thoroughly researching the company you’re interviewing with, to dressing professionally, and pre-preparing answers to probable questions, they cover everything you need to know.
Looking for a job can be overwhelming, and even these tips may seem like too much. But by breaking them down into three sections you can take control of your uncertainty.
- Pre-interview preparation
- Research the company.
- Ensure you have the correct time and date of your interview.
- Consider probable questions.
- Practice your responses.
- First impressions
- Dress neatly and professionally.
- Keep your body language professional and open.
- Walk confidently and be attentive.
- Greet employer with a smile, firm handshake and eye contact.
- The interview
- Express your enthusiasm for joining the company and why you would be a good fit for the job.
- Don’t over share about previous employment. Show them you ready and willing to take on a new challenge.
- Be confident in your strengths and your areas of growth.
- Have questions prepared that you can ask at the end.
Are you looking for a job? Would you like someone to help you prepare for an interview, or help you become job-ready? Here’s what you need to do: Contact Colleen on 0434 337 245, Duncan on 0434 331 243 or Rachel on 0422 177 193 for a FREE 10 minute consultation on how we can best help you or book online .